The Muktinath helicopter tour is one of the best helicopter tours to visit the holy place of Nepal, Muktinath. This helicopter tour is mainly suitable for old age people who desire to visit Muktinath temple in a very short duration of time. Most of the tourists visit Muktinath to make their religious visit come true. Pokhara to Muktinath helicopter tour is just 30 minutes flight one way which is specially designed for those with a short time duration to visit Muktinath temple. Muktinath temple is located at an altitude of 3,750 meters above sea level in the Mustang district of Nepal.
Muktinath is a Vishnu Temple which is located at Muktinath valley at the foot of Thorong LA Mountain pass in the Mustang district of Nepal. Muktinath is known as one of the world`s highest temple altitudes of 3,750 meters above sea level. This temple was created in the 19th century and it is believed that this temple was blessed by Hindus. Inside the Muktinath, there are 108 sacred taps, the taps where the water directly flows from the Puskarini waters (Temple Tanks) from the 108 Sri Vaishnava Divya Desams, where devotees take their sacred bath even in the freezing temperatures. It is believed that bathing in these 108 taps keeps us healthy and prosperous.
A helicopter tour from Pokhara to Muktinath takes you to the breathtaking views of the snowcapped mountains flying over the scenic valley, and sub-tropical and alpine forests. You can get to enhance the beauty of the Mountains in just 30 minutes helicopter ride. The Muktinath Helicopter tour begins from Pokhara airport in the early morning as the helicopter tour is difficult in the daytime due to wind and the increasing temperature.
As per the cost of the helicopter ride, the more people the lesser the cost of the helicopter. The price of the helicopter also depends upon the helicopter’s flight type. If you want to book a private flight it costs you more but gives you more comfort and facilities. Whereas, sharing a flight needs to adjust with other people with other fixed times.
Summer Season to Visit Muktinath Temple
Summer season, the month of June, July, and August are relatively less suitable to visit Muktinath temple. However, these months are preferred for trekking in upper shadow zones like upper Manang and Mustang, Annapurna Base Camp, etc. In summer, the monsoon starts and the possibility of heavy rainfall is high. This might lead to some uncertainties, affecting your travel experience. If you are traveling in the summer season, light windcheaters, jackets, summer wears, raincoats, and walking sticks are required.
Winter Season to Visit Muktinath Temple
A trip to Muktinath has never been an easy journey due to the ever-changing mountain weather. During winter you need to wear warm clothes, gloves, woolen caps, and other winter caring creams. Normally the weather of Muktinath temple is very cold and in the winter season, it is colder.
You need to follow some of the terms and conditions during the Helicopter tour to Muktinath
- You should follow the rules according to the pilot inside the Helicopter
- You should stay in a disciplined manner
- The Helicopter flight to Muktinath depends upon the weather condition
- The flight may be canceled or postponed due to bad weather or any technical/emergencies
- You need to follow the guidelines according to the tourist guide
- The pilot of the helicopter has full right to decide the passenger weight, flight route, and ground time at Muktinath due to safety reasons
- Passengers’ weight should not exceed 430kgs including belongings
- Pokhara to Muktinath by thrilling helicopter ride
- Visit Muktinath and return within 1hours to Pokhara
- You can have a bird’s eye view of the Pokhara city
- Breathtaking views of Snowcapped Mountains
- Worship Vishnu god
- Holy bath under 108 water taps and 2 holy Kunda
Itinerary for Muktinath Helicopter Tour
- 06: Am: Pick up from the hotel and transfer to the domestic airport.
- 07: AM: Fly to Muktinath by a Chartered Helicopter.
- Muktinath Temple is located within 1-hour flying distance from Kathmandu.
- Flight highly depends upon the weather.
- Enjoy the panoramic snow-capped mountain views.
- Arrival at Muktinath and 1 hour ground time for darshan.
- Short walk and reach Muktinath Temple.
- Take bath on 108 chilled holy waterspouts and two holy kunda.
- Change clothes and perform a puja at the temple.
- Back to the helipad.
- Fly back to Kathmandu.
- Arrival and drop at your hotel.
- Our trip finished here.
While you are inside the helicopter you need to follow the rules told by the Captains as well as stay in a disciplined manner. You should make a cooperative environment and should follow the guidelines according to the guides.