Muktinath is a Vishnu Temple located at Muktinath valley at the foot of Thorong LA Mountain pass in the Mustang district of Nepal. Hindus fondly refer to this place as Mukti Chhetra which means `Place of Salvation. Muktinath is known as one of the world`s highest temple altitudes of 3,750 meters above sea level. This temple was created in the 19th century and it is believed that this temple was blessed by Hindus. Inside the Muktinath temple, there are 108 sacred taps, the taps where the water directly flows from the Puskarini waters (Temple Tanks) from the 108 Sri Vaishnava Divya Desams, where devotees take their sacred bath even in the freezing temperature. It is believed that bathing in these 108 taps keeps us healthy and prosperous. You can also perform Puja, and Havan, take bath in 108 water taps and explore the surrounding of Muktinath temple.
Muktinath word is derived from Mukti and Nath. Mukti means Salvation or Nirvana and Nath means God or Master. The name is a synthesis of two words-(the provider of Salvation) has been one such holy site, where thousands of devotees flock for attaining the much sought-after moksha (freedom) from the cycle of birth and rebirth. The Hindus also call it Muktichhtera (place of Salvation) is one of the four religious sites. Muktinath temple is open throughout the year but especially in Rishitarpani, Ram Navami, and Bijaya Dashami thousands of pilgrims gather here to celebrate the festival.
Muktinath Helicopter Tour
The Muktinath helicopter tour is one of the best helicopter tours to visit the holy place of Nepal, Muktinath. This helicopter tour is mainly suitable for old age people who desire to visit Muktinath temple in a very short duration of time. Most of the tourists visit Muktinath to make their religious visit come true. The Muktinath helicopter tour takes 1hour from Kathmandu whereas it takes just 30 minutes from Pokhara. This helicopter tour is one way which is specially designed for those with a short time duration to visit Muktinath temple.
A helicopter tour to Muktinath takes you to the breathtaking views of the snowcapped mountains flying over the scenic valley, and sub-tropical and alpine forests. You can get to enhance the beauty of the Mountains in just 30 minutes from Pokhara and 1 hour from Kathmandu. The Muktinath Helicopter tour begins either from Pokhara airport or from Kathmandu airport in the early morning as the helicopter tour is difficult in the daytime due to wind and the increasing temperature. As per the cost of a helicopter ride, the more people the lesser the cost of the helicopter. The price of the helicopter also depends upon the helicopter’s flight type. If you want to book a private flight it costs you more but gives you more comfort and facilities. Whereas, sharing a flight needs to adjust with other people with other fixed times.
Trip to Muktinath temple during Winter Season
A trip to Muktinath has never been an easy journey due to the ever-changing mountain weather. During winter you need to wear warm clothes, gloves, woolen caps, and other winter caring creams. Normally the weather of Muktinath temple is very cold and in the winter season, it is colder.
You need to follow some of the terms and conditions during the Helicopter tour to Muktinath
- You should follow the rules according to the pilot inside the Helicopter
- You should stay in a disciplined manner
- The Helicopter flight to Muktinath depends upon the weather condition
- The flight may be canceled or postponed due to bad weather or any technical/emergencies
- You need to follow the guidelines according to the tourist guide
- The pilot of the helicopter has full right to decide the passenger weight, flight route, and grounf time at Muktinath due to safety reasons
- Passengers’ weight should not exceed 430kgs including belongings
Muktinath Helicopter Tour Highlights
- Helicopter tour to Muktinath by a Thrilling Helicopter Tour
- Breathtaking views of Rupa Tal, Begnas Tal, Fewa Tal
- Panoramic views of Pokhara valley, snowcapped mountains, like Annapurna, Tukuche park, Dhaulagiri, Fishtail, Nilgiri, and many more
- Awful views of the Marvelous view of desert of Mustang
- Holy bath under 108 scared water taps and 2holy Kunda
- Aerial views of Jomsom, Kagbeni and Muktinath
Itinerary for Muktinath Helicopter Tour
- 06: Am: Pick up from the hotel and transfer to the domestic airport.
- 07: AM: Fly to Muktinath by a Chartered Helicopter.
- Muktinath Temple is located within 1-hour flying distance from Kathmandu.
- Flight highly depends upon the weather.
- Enjoy the panoramic snow-capped mountain views.
- Arrival at Muktinath and 1 hour ground time for darshan.
- Short walk and reach Muktinath Temple.
- Take bath on 108 chilled holy waterspouts and two holy kunda.
- Change clothes and perform a puja at the temple.
- Back to the helipad.
- Fly back to Kathmandu.
- Arrival and drop at your hotel.
- Our trip finished here.